Sunday, May 8, 2011

the goose loves her mommy

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! And a very special Mother's Day to my mommy Maria, my grandma Anne, and my staramama Stana! I love you all very much!!

And to show how special my mom is, I'm pulling out a few photos from my mom's recent visit with my dad to Portland! Before we went to OMSI After Dark (awesome, by the way...), we went to McCormick & Schmicks for a little happy hour enjoyment. My dad and Billy happily enjoyed beers alongside our array of food, but my mom is not a big drinker (read: she doesn't drink at all, besides small sips of my dad's wine sometimes). However, she thought my cocktail of the day, a berry daquiri, looked pretty tasty, so she had a sip for herself...
And decided she liked it enough to get her own! She even ordered it "up," which means it comes in a martini glass and is shaken and strained, rather than served on ice. What a classy drinker!


Although I probably had half of her drink, after drinking most of mine (she had a few sips of mine before her own came!), she still enjoyed it along with her lettuce wraps and marinated tofu.


So I'm raising my glass to my wonderful mommy, and to mommys everywhere! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment