This recipe was really meant to be. It was Saturday morning, and I was hunting online for a tasty treat. I looked up one of my fave food blogs, How Sweet It Is, and bam - there it was. Pumpkin Coffee Cake. Oh yeah. With brown sugar glaze. We didn't even make the glaze, but wow this was tasty.
The recipe was on Tasty Kitchen, but I'm sharing it for you here, with all credits to Jessica at How Sweet Eats, Heather, and Tasty Kitchen.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- ⅓ cups Water
- 1 can Pureed Pumpkin (15 Oz)
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (18 Ounce Box)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Divided
- ½ cups Flour
- ⅓ cups Walnuts, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
Preparation InstructionsPreheat the oven to 350F.
1. In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
2. Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
3. In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, walnuts, and melted butter. Use fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
5. When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
|Mix wet ingredients.|
|Add in dry ingredients.|
|Ready for the oven!|
|Let's zoom in on that brown sugar goodness.|
Lastly, let me leave you a photo of our little angel. Isn't he so adorable? If only he always was like this.