Saturday, October 29, 2011

the goose loves pumpkin spice bread

 We're on a roll! And it's full on fall-ish-pumpkin season. Did you catch up on the carrot cake cupcakes and the pumpkin coffee cake? Well this recipe came about by pure convenience.

Pumpkin? Check. I had some leftover from the pumpkin coffee cake.
Cake mix? Check. I have a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice.

And that's really it, in terms of ingredients. But I couldn't just go with two ingredients. Not when I could add extra tasty things, like eggs and spices. Mmm.
 So I don't really need to get specific with the directions here, except to describe that you mix everything together. I started with the wet - 2 beaten eggs and pumpkin. Then I added the classic fall collection of flavors - cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. A pre-mixed "pumpkin pie" spice would do too.
 Then you mix in the cake batter. You could also use yellow, or white, or even chocolate...
 I piled it all in a laof pan and topped it off with more cinnamon. Yes, I love cinnamon.
 And the result? Glorious, super easy, delicious, pumpkin bread. (Bake for about 40 min at 375.)
 But you can't eat pumpkin bread plain, huh. No way. That's why you drizzle maple-cream-cheese frosting, which you have leftover from when you made it for your second batch of carrot cake cupcakes. Oh and top with more cinnamon. Can you ever have enough? Is chocolate ever gross?

So after you make that pumpkin coffee cake, I must recommend you make this pumpkin bread with your leftover pumpkin. So worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment