Thursday, February 3, 2011

the goose loves oatmeal cookies

Last night, I decided to channel my inner-martha-stewart and whip up some delicious cookies for the hubby (and for myself, of course). So during work (shh!), I found a recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ (excellent site) called "Beth's Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies". The "spicy" part sounds like a turn-off at first, but it's really just adding cinnamon and cloves to a regular oatmeal cookie dough, so no problem. Also, why add raisins when you can add chocolate and butterscotch chips instead?? So, while our dinner was baking (polenta lasagna!) I threw together the batter with the help of my sturdy friend, the Kitchenaid Mixer. By this time, our dinner was ready so I put the cookie dough aside in the refridgerator. After eating dinner (which included watching an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" and playing with Bentley), I pulled the dough out and started baking.
Let me tell you - these cookies are delicious! They came out beautifully, baking only about 11 minutes to perfection. The lucky hubby had two fresh from the oven while the rest cooled.
All in all, a very delicious evening. The best part? Bringing a container of them to enjoy at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment