Monday, March 14, 2011

the goose loves catching up

So it's been a few days - I guess my Lenten resolutions are keeping me so busy?
I've got some exciting posts coming up - including St. Paddy's Day and sewing projects - but in the meantime, here's a few random photos, catching us up on a few things.
A couple of Sundays ago, I made some scones for breakfast! I'd been wanting to for awhile, but never got around to it. I'm not a fan of the overly-dry incredibly-crumbly scones, so I wanted to make sure I could bake a soft, moist, and tasty morning treat. I used this recipe and didn't have raisins, so I subbed chocolate chips (way better, in my opinion!). And they turned out great!
Here's our pile of freshly-baked scones! Yum. I can't wait to try other variations on the recipe.
We also recently ran out of jam, and when we went to the pantry to find another jar, we found this instead!
It's one of the little jars of jam leftover from our wedding! About a year ago, we made lots of jam from mixed berries as favors for our July wedding. It was a lot of work, but we got some help from the girls - thank goodness! We decorated them with a purple (of course) ribbon and a clever little messsage on top: [please forgive the poor-quality phone camera photos]
Anyways, we popped the thing open and it was as tasty as ever!
And lastly, we'll close with a cute shot of my two favorite boys, having a romantic moment:

Bentley was acting super flopsy - Billy must have been scratching him in the perfect spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment